Globally, the healthcare industry is going through a wave of accelerated growth. Healthcare spending is projected to increase at an annual rate of ~5% from 2019-2023. Some of the key contributing factors to this trend are the growth in the aging population, rising prevalence of chronic diseases, higher labor costs owing to workforce shortage, and the expansion of healthcare systems in developing markets. Rising healthcare costs and the increased focus on patient outcomes has led the healthcare system to increase its efforts on exploring new methods of care delivery. With a shift from volume-based to value-based care, preventive care is emerging as a key focus area for delivering quality patient outcomes. This is leading to a gradual shift in the cost paradigm of healthcare delivery. Virtual care is fast emerging as an important tool in driving this shift and delivering on the desired outcomes. By ensuring access to care, reducing costs, and improving patient engagement, virtual care enables healthcare stakeholders to proactively reach out to patients and ensure seamless and timely healthcare services.
Download the whitepaper to:
- Explore the key challenges that providers, payers, and pharmaceutical communities must address to deploy and leverage virtual care
- Discover notable methods of patient-provider engagement that enable accessible and affordable medical assistance
- Know how providers across geographies are incorporating virtual care in their mode of care delivery, right from diagnosis and monitoring to post-acute care
- Uncover the benefits that the payers are realizing through support for virtual care
- Understand how virtual clinical trial can enable remote patient participation, improve patient adherence and compliance, and boost participant’s retention